[InterMine Dev] Max Perm Size

Xavier Watkins xavier at flymine.org
Fri Aug 7 10:44:29 BST 2009

Hi Andrew,
If it's within Tomcat, try starting it with these values:
JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=256M -Xmx400m"

Consistently re-deploying your web application also makes Tomcat run
out of memory, so you have to restart it from time to time to flush it.

If it's when running out, try increasing it in your ANT_OPTS, at the
moment I use
ANT_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=2000M -Xmx2256M -server -XX:+UseParallelGC -
XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=99"

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions,
Xavier