[InterMine Dev] cannot create templates taking lists

Jun Zhao jun.zhao at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 17:21:21 GMT 2009

Hello,

I was experimenting with embedding Templates from FlyMine in my web
pages. The templates taking one parameter worked very well for me.
However, as the warning messages shown to me, the Embed function does
not work when the templates take lists as inputs.

This is a pity, which means that I have to use the web services to
retrieve data for a list of objects; or there are some other alternative
programmatic access interfaces, such as the RESTful services?:)

I am curious to know what the near plan for supporting lists.

Meanwhile, during the process of using the web services, I also noticed
that the performance varied very much. Sometimes it took a very long
time to return results containng only one record. I guess it is not the
size of the results that matters, but the complexity of the query?

Many thanks!

Jun