[InterMine Dev] Javac 1.6

Richard Smith richard at flymine.org
Wed Nov 25 11:11:29 GMT 2009

I've been running InterMine for few days on a Snow Leopard mac with
Java 1.6 and haven't had any problems.  I think Matthew is right that
the change to a 64bit JVM just means that the process requires more
RAM.

But it shouldn't need very much at all when running build-db.
Incidentally, the -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M is higher than we would normally
use, we usually have it set to 256M or 512M.

Richard.