[InterMine Dev] constraints editable by default

Julie Sullivan julie at flymine.org
Mon Oct 3 09:16:33 BST 2011

Can you go into more detail as to how you are getting a "new" template from an
old one?  There are a couple ways to do it.

If you edit a current template, all "editable" options should remain the same
unless changed by you.

If you make a new template, all "editable" options are by default unlocked.

How are you making a "new" template?  Renaming?  Because that won't make a new
template.  Export/import XML?  I just tested and the editable values were copied
over successfully - in FlyMine and on our InterMine 0.98 beta site.

If you click on "edit query" on the template form to get to the QueryBuilder,
then you are editing the query not the template.  All template-related
information for that query is lost.  When the template constraints are re-added,
they default to be editable.  I would try exporting/importing the XML instead.

If none of that works for you, upgrade to 0.98 and try again.  It must have been
a bug that we've already fixed.  Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem!

On 30/09/11 22:16, Kalpana Karra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if it was always like this or was changed intentionally in one of the past releases..
> but..I am finding that if I take an existing template,edit it and start building a new template all
> the constraints are by default unlocked.
>
>   I have to go through each one and uncheck 'Editable' option. (in YM we do have quite a few  non-editable

constraints built into most templates)