[InterMine Dev] Doubt in building "My mine" using Intermine

Julie Sullivan julie at flymine.org
Tue Oct 18 11:34:51 BST 2011

Hello Sankara,

 > After i downloaded intermine_0_96 version
We just released 0.98 so you might try that more current branch instead.

This document explains references and collections in detail:

	http://intermine.org/wiki/ModelDescription

The tutorial has a nice section on the model too:

	http://intermine.org/wiki/GettingStarted#a6TheDataModel

This page explains how to work with these relationships in your Java code:

	http://intermine.org/wiki/ItemsAPIJava

`primaryIdentifier` is supposed to be always unique and it's often used as the
primary key.  Here is the doc on primary keys in InterMine:

	http://intermine.org/wiki/PrimaryKeys

Hope that helps,
Julie

On 18/10/11 11:20, sankaracr wrote:
> Dear Dev,
>
> I am interested to know more about data integration part in building various mines. I gone through "Getting started with

Intermine" and I am not clear in the data integration part while building "My
mine" practically. I have some doubt, could u

  please clarify it?

> After i downloaded intermine_0_96 version, there is a folder "bio" and inside it, i can see various sources available

like biogrid, ensembl, uniprot etc. . If we take "Uniprot" there s an XML
"Uniprot_additions" and inside it there are

  "reference name" and "collection name"...

> Say for example<reference name="protein" referenced-type="Protein" reverse-reference="features" />" and

"<collection name="components" referenced-type="Component"
reverse-reference="protein" />", what does it mean?

> 1) What is a reference name, referenced-type, reverse-reference and collection name?
>
> 2) Why we are using it?
>
> 3) What does the connection refer to?
>
> and i have a common question
>
> 4) Does primary identifier is otherwise known as primary key? can i call primary key as primary identifier?
>
> I am very much thankful to you, if you please send a presentation / video related to integrating data&  how to connect the

object in a source with another object in another source and also the ppt
related to the data model.