[InterMine Dev] Logging messages from the rgd annotation parser

Julie Sullivan julie at flymine.org
Thu Oct 20 08:59:24 BST 2011

Andrew

Your syntax is correct.  You might not have your logger set to be "verbose", eg.
it only prints the important messages.  Try either setting the priority to show
all messages, or use a higher level of message:

	 LOG.error("TYPE " + type);

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html has a list of the levels in order:

	TRACE,
	DEBUG,
	INFO,
	WARN,
	ERROR and
	FATAL

However, if you are testing the GO annotation loader, it might be quicker and
easier to use the test in go-annotation/test.  You can print out log messages
directly to the console as well as view the objects the loader created.

Cheers
Julie