[InterMine Dev] Referencing existing data

JD Wong jdmswong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:29:30 BST 2011

Hi dev,

I'm XSLT transforming existing XML data into the intermine XML format and
was wondering what the best protocol was to attribute general data
(organism, chromosome) to gene records.  I have a list of genes with
corresponding chromosome and organism data labeled.  If I have a separate
source to load organism and chromosome data, I can reference them in the
intermine XML file of my gene source with:

<reference name="organism" ref_id="*<Intermine XML record ID>*"/>

Is there a way to reference the organism by name in the intermine XML format
instead of having to hard code the ID in?

Thanks!
-JD