[InterMine Dev] best postgress and apache configuration

Dr. Intikhab Alam intikhab.alam at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Feb 28 13:48:19 GMT 2012

Hi,
What would be the best memory and clients/threads configuration/setup for my system where I have total RAM of 24GB available.

I am setting up an apache server (apache-tomcat-6.0.35) and postgres (psql (PostgreSQL) 9.0.6) on my desktop (#20-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 7 14:56:25 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux) with 24GB of RAM.

My apache server at times becomes unresponsive and shutdown throws a connection refused error.

APACHE memory status from server (at the moments it is fine but when I deploy/undeploy webapps from intermine, it becomes very slow and unresponsive sometime):

Physical memory: 24156.64 MB Available memory: 5878.89 MB Total page file: 9535.99 MB Free page file: 9458.01 MB Memory load: 76

I have followed instructions from the intermine online documentation but it does not tell what would be a good configuration for my system where large memory is available.

Any help in this please?

Regards,

Intikhab