[InterMine Dev] External LinkOuts

Julie Sullivan julie at flymine.org
Tue Jun 12 15:03:40 BST 2012

On 31/05/12 19:20, Kalpana Karra wrote:
> Currently, we can provide External Links to say PubMed based on PubMed ID. This works as long as the base URL and parameter name is fixed and we can substitute<<attributeValue>>  for the links.
>
> But, there is no way to provide external links to completely different URLs for the values in a given column. For example, each Publication can provide link to 'Free Text' and this is different depending on journal etc.
>
> So, if people see the need for this ability in Intermine..perhaps it should be implemented?
>
> Thanks,
> -Kalpana

Thanks Kalpana, I think I get what you need.

However, given your specific example, wouldn't linking to different journals be
dangerous since some users may not have access?  Linking to pubmed they would at
least have the abstract.  Or is that what you plan to do?

But in general I get what you mean.

Cheers