[InterMine Dev] Questions about constraints

Alex Kalderimis alex at intermine.org
Fri Mar 2 17:09:41 GMT 2012

Lists can of course be used in templates when running them from the
template form itself (there should be a checkbox with the label "or
constrain to be in a list" if there are any suitable lists for a
constraint), so I assume you are referring to other mechanisms of
running templates. It would be helpful to know how you plan to use them
so we can help you find a workable solution.

As for the second part of your question, I assume you are referring to
the general query-builder mechanism. There are indeed some UI
improvements that could help make this interface more intuitive, and we
are currently engaging in a redesign process for certain features. We
will bear your comment in mind, but at present the only way to add a
list constraint is to constrain the class itself ("Gene", as opposed to
a field such as "Gene > name").

All best,

Alex