[InterMine Dev] 0.99 webapp release hangs

Kalpana Karra kkarra at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 13 21:55:55 GMT 2012


Thank you all for the suggestions. I tried deleting the webapp directory, restarting tomcat, restarting postgres... (I did not try to undeploy from tomcat manager though..), it does eventually work.
What I was trying to say is that this behavior is new in 0.99. 
The other thing that is new in 0.99 is that the first time you click on 'Lists' tab it takes forever to load, it eventually does load.
-Kalpana


On Mar 13, 2012, at 5:00 AM, dev-request at intermine.org wrote:

> Send dev mailing list submissions to
> 	dev at intermine.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	dev-request at intermine.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	dev-owner at intermine.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of dev digest..."
> 
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. 0.99 webapp release hangs (Kalpana Karra)
>   2. Re: 0.99 webapp release hangs (Dr. Intikhab Alam)
>   3. Re: 0.99 webapp release hangs (Richard Smith)
>   4. Re: 0.99 webapp release hangs (JD Wong)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:37:14 -0700
> From: Kalpana Karra <kkarra at stanford.edu>
> To: Intermine <dev at intermine.org>
> Subject: [InterMine Dev] 0.99 webapp release hangs
> Message-ID: <3F083DD4-61BB-43E8-AE15-64856DC4E364 at stanford.edu>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> 
> on both remove-webapp and just release-webapp alone as well. This was happening more often in the beginning, but it seemed like it was fixed. It is back again.
> Thx,
> -K
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:43:25 +0300
> From: "Dr. Intikhab Alam" <intikhab.alam at kaust.edu.sa>
> To: Kalpana Karra <kkarra at stanford.edu>, Intermine <dev at intermine.org>
> Subject: Re: [InterMine Dev] 0.99 webapp release hangs
> Message-ID: <CB83E621.85DC%intikhab.alam at kaust.edu.sa>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> Try undeploy from tomcat and run again.
> 
> 
> On 3/12/12 5:37 PM, "Kalpana Karra" <kkarra at stanford.edu> wrote:
> 
>> on both remove-webapp and just release-webapp alone as well. This was
>> happening more often in the beginning, but it seemed like it was fixed.
>> It is back again.
>> Thx,
>> -K
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev mailing list
>> dev at intermine.org
>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:51:40 +0000
> From: Richard Smith <richard at flymine.org>
> To: dev at intermine.org
> Subject: Re: [InterMine Dev] 0.99 webapp release hangs
> Message-ID: <4F5E37AC.5050306 at flymine.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> 
> Hi Kalpana,
> I think if you undeploy the webapp from the tomcat manager then restart
> tomcat it may improve.  I'm going to try and look into the problem this
> week, it happens intermittently and I think is caused by database
> connections that aren't being closed correctly.
> 
> Cheers,
> Richard.
> 
> 
> On 12/03/2012 17:43, Dr. Intikhab Alam wrote:
>> Try undeploy from tomcat and run again.
>> 
>> 
>> On 3/12/12 5:37 PM, "Kalpana Karra"<kkarra at stanford.edu>  wrote:
>> 
>>> on both remove-webapp and just release-webapp alone as well. This was
>>> happening more often in the beginning, but it seemed like it was fixed.
>>> It is back again.
>>> Thx,
>>> -K
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> dev mailing list
>>> dev at intermine.org
>>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev mailing list
>> dev at intermine.org
>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:44:49 -0400
> From: JD Wong <jdmswong at gmail.com>
> To: Richard Smith <richard at flymine.org>
> Cc: dev at intermine.org
> Subject: Re: [InterMine Dev] 0.99 webapp release hangs
> Message-ID:
> 	<CAGuHHn8sYSEBTWg3fYeFttPrFkZrsYSjW_=nmub=kqwyRc-G8g at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> 
> Hi Kalpana,
> When my release hangs on release-webapp I have to shutdown tomcat and
> manually kill the tomcat process to fix.  If nothing else works maybe this
> will.
> 
> Cheers,
> -JD
> 
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Richard Smith <richard at flymine.org> wrote:
> 
>> Hi Kalpana,
>> I think if you undeploy the webapp from the tomcat manager then restart
>> tomcat it may improve.  I'm going to try and look into the problem this
>> week, it happens intermittently and I think is caused by database
>> connections that aren't being closed correctly.
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Richard.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 12/03/2012 17:43, Dr. Intikhab Alam wrote:
>> 
>>> Try undeploy from tomcat and run again.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> On 3/12/12 5:37 PM, "Kalpana Karra"<kkarra at stanford.edu>  wrote:
>>> 
>>> on both remove-webapp and just release-webapp alone as well. This was
>>>> happening more often in the beginning, but it seemed like it was fixed.
>>>> It is back again.
>>>> Thx,
>>>> -K
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> ______________________________**_________________
>>>> dev mailing list
>>>> dev at intermine.org
>>>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-**bin/mailman/listinfo/dev<http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev>
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> ______________________________**_________________
>>> dev mailing list
>>> dev at intermine.org
>>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-**bin/mailman/listinfo/dev<http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev>
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> dev mailing list
>> dev at intermine.org
>> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-**bin/mailman/listinfo/dev<http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev>
>> 
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://mail.intermine.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20120312/434c2085/attachment-0001.html>
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dev mailing list
> dev at intermine.org
> http://mail.intermine.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dev
> 
> 
> End of dev Digest, Vol 34, Issue 10
> ***********************************




More information about the dev mailing list