[InterMine Dev] Error : Unable to construct query

Dr Intikhab Alam intikhab.alam at kaust.edu.sa
Wed Oct 24 10:06:23 BST 2012

Dear Dev at intermine,

After successfully going through all the stages of building, integrating and deploying our test mine, we get the following error (also shown in the screenshot) on the result page whenever we search for something on the webapp, be it quick search or query builder search.

Unable to construct query:

This test mine is built using the latest version of intermine release downloaded by Allan Kamau on 2012-OCT-01 12-22hrs.

As we do not get any build failure errors and every steps goes successfully we investigated the tomcat and postgress logs. Postgres logs show index creation failure for "interpro-Domain-Description" field, as shown below. It seems like the row size set by the system is smaller than the data in this field.

2012-10-23 20:53:02 AST ERROR:  index row size 2776 exceeds maximum 2712 for index "proteindomain__description_equals"
2012-10-23 20:53:02 AST HINT:  Values larger than 1/3 of a buffer page cannot be indexed.
        Consider a function index of an MD5 hash of the value, or use full text indexing.
2012-10-23 20:53:02 AST STATEMENT:  create index proteindomain__description_equals on proteindomain(lower(description))
2012-10-23 20:53:04 AST ERROR:  index row size 2776 exceeds maximum 2712 for index "proteindomain__description_like"
2012-10-23 20:53:04 AST HINT:  Values larger than 1/3 of a buffer page cannot be indexed.
        Consider a function index of an MD5 hash of the value, or use full text indexing.

Any help please?

Intikhab Alam and Allan Kamau

CBRC, KAUST

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing this email.