[InterMine Dev] git fetch doesn't seem to update?

Kalpana Karra kkarra at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 24 17:12:18 BST 2012

I had switched to git following instructions on intermine wiki when I did beta testing for 1.0

These are the commands:

git clone git at github.com:kkarra/intermine.git intermine
cd intermine
git checkout master
git remote add upstream git at github.com:intermine/intermine.git
git fetch upstream

I pushed yeastmine code to github following these commands..

git add (various things)
git commit
git push origin master

Now, to get 1.1 changes, I run git fetch upstream, but, I don't seem to get all the changes..? (for e.g updated SO file and I don't have bio/sources/human).
what am I doing wrong?  I probably ran that command before the release as well a week or so ago.

This is what I see :

kkarra% git fetch upstream
remote: Counting objects: 114, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (75/75), done.
From github.com:intermine/intermine
   bd3e70a..c151a7c  release-intermine-1.1 -> upstream/release-intermine-1.1

 kkarra% git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#	.metadata/
#	readme_kk
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

 kkarra% git branch -a
  dev
* master
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/dev