[InterMine Dev] Unable to construct query - unable to get a connection to postgreSQL

Julie Sullivan julie at flymine.org
Tue Oct 30 09:28:28 GMT 2012

Hi Allan

Yes, InterMine correctly uses connection pooling. FlyMine only ever has about 8
connections open, 1000 is far too many and I would recommend changing that back
to 50. (even with 6 people/mines on a single server this should be fine)

Since you are testing, it's likely you are generating errors and thus
incorrectly shutting down your builds and/or webapps - causing the connection to
not be returned to the pool.

I would restart postgres and see if it happens again. If so, let me know and you
and I can debug your processes and try to figure out what's going on.

Thanks
Julie