[InterMine Dev] Unique Count using WebServices

Alex Kalderimis alex at intermine.org
Tue Mar 12 19:17:15 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 12 March 2013 10:41:26 Kalpana Karra wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> We were wondering if there is a way to construct the WebService query such
> that you can get the unique count of values in a column? For e.g. We want a
> count of Factor genes for a given Target Gene.
>
> Thanks,
> -Kalpana

This is certainly possible. One simply needs to add a "summaryPath" parameter
to any request to /query/results to receive a column summary. This always
includes the count of uniqueValues, as well as more interesting statistics.
Documentation for using this in the client libraries can be found:
  here: http://ci.intermine.org/job/imjs/javadoc/classes/Query.html#summarise-
instance
  and here:
https://metacpan.org/module/Webservice::InterMine::Query::Roles::Runnable#summarise-