[InterMine Dev] InterMine Tables 1.2.0

Alex Kalderimis alex at intermine.org
Thu Mar 28 12:14:20 GMT 2013

On Thursday 28 March 2013 11:46:56 Joel Richardson wrote:
> Alex,
>
> These look really great. Very fast, and I love the redesigned dialogs.

Great - thanks.

> A couple of issues that I encountered while playing with it:
>
>   *   the create list button appears for some queries but not others

That is because it is sensitive to whether the user is authenticated (and thus
capable of list actions). Logging in will enable it.

>   *   the expand/collapse all subtables tool doesn't appear to work

So it doesn't. I knew something would slip through the net. See
https://github.com/intermine/im-tables/issues/58

>   *   In the dialog for defining a new filter, I'm not sure what the "Allow
> reverse references" checkbox is supposed to do. But when I click it, weird
> things happen to the Browse for Column tree.

We disable users from selecting reverse references in the tree browser by
default, as it is a bit complex and almost never what the naive user expects.
But it goes against my principles to completely hide functionality that has
legitimate uses, so this functions as a "here-be-dragons/I-know-what-I-am-
doing" switch that enables this disabled functionality. Previously greyed out
sections of the tree should be enabled.

> Cheers,

Thanks for taking some time to provide feedback. Issues can be submitted
directly to https://github.com/intermine/im-tables/issues

Alex