[InterMine Dev] path query question and region search startup

Joe Carlson jwcarlson at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 8 05:40:08 GMT 2014

Hi,

I’ve looked through the code and I see that there is code for aggregate functions (like count, max, min,…). How can these be accessed through a path query? I can’t seem to figure this out.

Also, I’m about to open a feature request in the issue list. The startup time for the genomic region search is very long in our mine because of the 500K scaffolds that we have in the db. (and it’s about to get the wheat genome added with another huge number of scaffolds.)

I can make the region startup better by setting the batch size in GenomicRegionSearchQueryRunner (and initial size in the chrInfoList) to something more appropriate for us. Can this be made a configurable property?

Can you suggest other things that may speed up this startup?

Thanks,

Joe Carlson