[InterMine Dev] tomcat restart deletes query templates

Joe Carlson jwcarlson at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 7 18:01:18 BST 2015

Hi Sergio,

I’m running tomcat 7.0.62 and postgres server 9.4.1 and 9.4.2. I’ve seen the behavior on two different installs.

I know I have a couple of old templates in the db that do not work anymore. These appear with red lines through them with I become superuser and look at the templates. I was assuming (or maybe just hoping) that this could be ignored. Whether or not this is related, I’m also seeing NotSerializableException from org.intermine.api.template.ApiTemplate in the log files. I’m starting to look into that.

This morning I’ll try some experiments to see if loosing the templates is reproducible. And if cleaning up the templates helps. Unfortunately I don’t have access to the postgres log files so I cannot track the db activity too closely. (but…I’m begging)

It is strange since we used to have a problem with tomcat restarts quite often. And did not see the templates disappear then. As I recall, there were bogus template queries at that time.

Joe