[InterMine Dev] [InterMineDev] OpenID 2 to OpenID Connect migration

Sibyl Gao sibyl at wormbase.org
Tue Aug 25 15:23:46 BST 2015

Hi InterMine Staff,

I have trouble showing saved template/queries that were saved when users login through Google OpenID2. I wonder if I can get some help here with troubleshooting.

I’m running 1.4 release of InterMine code, and I cherry-picked the commit that includes code for OpenID 2 to Connect migration https://github.com/intermine/intermine/commit/9ccbf0a34ca5becde7ea945dd87be5b2af13e52d <https://github.com/intermine/intermine/commit/9ccbf0a34ca5becde7ea945dd87be5b2af13e52d> Still I have problem getting the saved templates and queries to show, after login with Google. Do you know if there’s anything I missed? And what would you suggest me to try?

By reading the code, it seems that a new user profile is created for the OAuth2/Connect login, and the corresponding OpenID user profile is marked as migrated. But I couldn’t figure out from the code, how the migration code handles saved templates and things that were associated with the old user profile ID.

Thank you very much!

Sibyl