[InterMine Dev] im.js

Joshua Heimbach jkh46 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 10 17:08:51 BST 2015

Hi Joel,

IMJS 3 works as a standalone library with no external dependencies
required at runtime. jQuery has a somewhat half-baked concept of
Promises, so we bundled IMJS with a different library that is compliant
with ECMA 6 Promises. This let us cut out jQuery completely, lose some
weight, and be forwards compatible.

Try using the most recent version, 3.14.0:
http://cdn.intermine.org/js/intermine/imjs/3.14.0/im.js

There are three ways to include IMJS:

1. As you pointed out, in Node:
var imjs = require('imjs');

2. Using the Asynchronous Module Definition pattern as found in RequireJS:
require(['imjs'], function(imjs) {
     //
});

3. Or included in the browser which puts "imjs" on the window:
<script
src="http://cdn.intermine.org/js/intermine/imjs/3.14.0/im.js"></script>
<script>
console.log("imjs is", imjs);
</script>

So you'd want option three.

Here's the main example loaded and executed in the browser (check console).
http://gist.github.com/joshkh/74c0fa13f8f5ef8fbfe1

Hope that helps!

- Josh