[InterMine Dev] CDN question

J. K. Heimbach jkh46 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 23:09:03 BST 2015

Hi Joel,

The branch that you want to have forked is the master branch. The gh-pages branch is from when our CDN was hosted by GitHub, and we purposely kept it as the default branch to include an extra step in the publishing process... kind of like lifting the glass box off the big red button before pressing it.

I don't really know if that has helped to prevent accidental pushes and perhaps it's doing more harm than good. I'll bring it up for discussion.

Switching to the master branch shouldn't have a negative impact since any new files will exist in new folders, and we never delete or override existing content.

- Josh