[InterMine Dev] lucene index creation patch lost in v1.4?

Joe Carlson jwcarlson at lbl.gov
Tue May 5 21:27:24 BST 2015

I think I see the issue here a little more clearly.

The lucene index creation code was moved from
org.intermine.web.search.saveIndexToDatabase to
org.intermine.api.lucene.saveIndexToDatabase. There are 2 lines of code
that did not get migrated to the new method:

          LOG.info("Saving signature to database...");
writeObjectToDB(os,MetadataManager.SEARCH_INDEX_SIGNATURE,TextUtil.generateRandomUniqueString());

(well, really 1 line) I'm testing out restoring this line in the
migrated method at line 430. It looks to me that the code for checking
to see if the search index signature is still in the disk file still
exists in org.intermine.web.search.loadIndexFromDatabase

oe