[InterMine Dev] doc on primary keys

Joe Carlson jwcarlson at lbl.gov
Thu Apr 28 19:23:51 BST 2016

Thanks, Julie.

The reason I was doing the close reading is that I noticed that I had
messed up something when building a mine. It was going extremely slow
and I was puzzled. During the integration step, things were getting
queried based on a secondaryIdentifier even though I had never specified
that in any (known) key properties file.

I later realized it was an ant thing. (Thus reinforcing my general
formiphobia.) I had played around with using the secondaryidentifier as
the key field in one of my loaders. But then later decided against it.
Even though I had changed the key properties file in my
<source>/resources/ directory, the version in <source>/build was not
regenerated with the next build. Running an 'ant clean' solved this
issue. but it looks like there are some dependencies not captured in the
build files.

Joe