[InterMine Dev] OBO files and annotation

Paulo Nuin paulo.nuin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 13:26:13 BST 2018

Hi

Thanks. Our implementation of Anatomy Ontology is basically identical of MouseMine’s DO, which I think you created. I compared both sources and there are probably one or two differences, apart from the different name. You can check it here

https://github.com/WormBase/intermine/tree/im-265/bio/sources/anatomy_ontology

and this works fine. My questions regarding OBO files might not be able to be answered, because InterMine might not provide the solution our curators want.

My main problem is with queries after loading the Anatomy GAF file, which I am doing with the same loader as GO-Annotation and the error is below. I guess I need to extend and adapt this module to accommodate some differences in our input file. Would that be a correct assumption? My previous message is below for reference.

> If you notice from my previous email, the Anatomy Annotation GAF file doesn’t annotate genes and/or proteins like the GO-Annotation module. Is it possible to change the module to annotate Anatomy Term elements instead (WBbt: IDs)?
> I can load the GAF file fine, but not surprisingly I am getting an error when I try searches. I can see on catalina.out this error:
> query: <query model="genomic" view="AnatomyOntology.synonyms.name AnatomyOntology.identifier AnatomyOntology.name AnatomyOntology.description" sortOrder="AnatomyOntology.synonyms.name ASC" ></query>
> format: json
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No simple name for class: AnatomyOntology,GOTerm
> Our latest code is on the branch im-265 on Github.

Thanks

Paulo