[InterMine Dev] dev Digest, Vol 135, Issue 9
kkarra at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 28 17:45:17 GMT 2020
Thanks all for sharing what procedure you follow. I include 'solr restart’ during build because I have noticed the process dies every so often if you don’t restart periodically. I never had to recreate cores so far, just followed the suggestion in stackoverflow and it worked. I obviously didn’t spend too much time trying to figure if they indeed disappeared or not, assumed solr would complain if a core by the same name already exists. Am sure it was a coincidence with upgrade.
> On Oct 28, 2020, at 5:00 AM, dev-request at lists.intermine.org wrote:
> Send dev mailing list submissions to
> dev at lists.intermine.org
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> dev-request at lists.intermine.org
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> dev-owner at lists.intermine.org
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of dev digest..."
> Today's Topics:
> 1. Re: Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade (daniela at intermine.org)
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 11:11:29 +0000
> From: daniela at intermine.org
> To: Paulo Nuin <paulo.nuin at gmail.com>
> Cc: Kalpana Karra <kkarra at stanford.edu>, dev at lists.intermine.org
> Subject: Re: [InterMine Dev] Solr after 4.2.0 upgrade
> Message-ID: <ce56a491f2a243779ab984f4c2f85aa5 at intermine.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
> Dear Kalpana,
> thanks for sharing the issue and the solution :)
> I do not think that the issue is related to the intermine version.
> The Autocomplete and SolrIndexHandler java classes (which are called
> during the postpocess) only delete previuos indexes, see here:
> not the cores which need to be created manually -only once- after
> installing solr or any new version of solr.
> Have you installed a new version of solr?
> Please, let us know, if this happens again (hopefully not!)
> Thanks for sharing,
>> I copy over the cores from dev to production with every new build
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On Oct 27, 2020, at 17:29, Sam Hokin <shokin at ncgr.org> wrote:
>>> I think I had to recreate my "cores" when I went from 7.7.3 to 8.6.2
>>> as well.
>>>> On 10/27/20 4:20 PM, Kalpana Karra wrote:
>>>> In case it is of use to others, after upgrading to 4.2.0 keyword
>>>> search was broken throwing this error
>>>> Expected mime type application/octet-stream but got text/html. <html>
>>>> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
>>>> <title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
>>>> <body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
>>>> Recreating ‘cores’ in solr helped solve the problem.
>>>> dev mailing list
>>>> dev at lists.intermine.org
>>> dev mailing list
>>> dev at lists.intermine.org
>> dev mailing list
>> dev at lists.intermine.org
> Subject: Digest Footer
> dev mailing list
> dev at lists.intermine.org
> End of dev Digest, Vol 135, Issue 9
More information about the dev