[flymine-announce] FlyMine version 12.0 released

Rachel Lyne flymine-announce at flymine.org
Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:49:12 +0100

--------------080202030906030803050904

We have released version 12.0 of FlyMine.

In this release we have added the genome annotation for ten additional
/Drosophila/ species and homology data between the 12 /Drosophila/ species
from the 12 genomes consortium (2007) paper (pubmed: 170994087).  We
have also added mRNA expression data from the BDGP in-situ project and
genetic interactions for /D. melanogaster/, /C. elegans/ and /S. cerevisiae/
from the BioGrid database.

In addition we have improved the style and layout of the list analysis
page and added a number of new widgets for analysing lists of genes -
for example, an orthologues widget (showing counts of orthologues in
other organisms for a list of genes ) and a genetic interactions
widget (showing genes that interact genetically with genes in a list).

For a list of all changes see www.flymine.org/release-notes.
For a full list of data sources see
www.flymine.org/release-12.0/dataCategories.do
For all types of feedback email support@flymine.org

PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY - it should only take a couple of minutes and
is accessible from the FlyMine home page.  This will help us tailor
FlyMine to our users and identify areas where you would like to see
new or modified features.

The FlyMine Team

- About FlyMine -
FlyMine is an integrated database of genomic, expression and protein
data from Drosophila, Anopheles and C. elegans.  As an integrated
resource it is possible to run data mining queries that span domains of
biological knowledge. FlyMine is a freely available resource funded by
The Wellcome Trust.
-----------------

--------------080202030906030803050904

<head>
</head>
We have released version 12.0 of FlyMine.<br>
In this release we have added the genome annotation for ten additional<br>
species<br>
from the 12 genomes consortium (2007) paper (pubmed: 170994087).&nbsp; We<br>
have also added mRNA expression data from the BDGP in-situ project and<br>
from the BioGrid database.<br>
In addition we have improved the style and layout of the list analysis<br>
page and added a number of new widgets for analysing lists of genes -<br>
for example, an orthologues widget (showing counts of orthologues in<br>
other organisms for a list of genes ) and a genetic interactions<br>
widget (showing genes that interact genetically with genes in a list).<br>
For a list of all changes see <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.flymine.org/release-notes">www.flymine.org/release-notes</a>.<br>
For a full list of data sources see
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.flymine.org/release-12.0/dataCategories.do">www.flymine.org/release-12.0/dataCategories.do</a> <br>
For all types of feedback email <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:support@flymine.org">support@flymine.org</a><br>
**********************************************************************<br>
PLEASE TAKE OUR SURVEY - it should only take a couple of minutes and<br>
is accessible from the FlyMine home page.&nbsp; This will help us tailor <br>
FlyMine to our users and identify areas where you would like to see <br>
new or modified features.<br>
The FlyMine Team<br>
- About FlyMine -<br>
FlyMine is an integrated database of genomic, expression and protein<br>
data from Drosophila, Anopheles and C. elegans.&nbsp; As an integrated<br>
resource it is possible to run data mining queries that span domains of<br>
biological knowledge. FlyMine is a freely available resource funded by<br>
The Wellcome Trust.<br>

--------------080202030906030803050904--