[flymine-announce] FlyMine release 34.0

Rachel Lyne rachel at flymine.org
Tue Aug 7 12:30:42 BST 2012

We're happy to announce the release of FlyMine 34.0.  We've updated all
of our data sets, fixed a few bugs and added lots of new features.  In
particular you will see great improvements to our search results pages
where we have added the following features:

*Sorting:* the tables are now easily sortable by different fields,
making it easier to find and explore relevant information.

*Filtering:* we've added a sophisticated faceted filtering system to all
tables, making it easy to get an overview of the results, and narrow
them down to the most interesting subset. The tables can be filtered by
values in any of the chosen fields, and the 'Filters' button includes an
overview of all applied filters, with an option to add more.

*Column summary:* the column summary function now includes a graph of
the data distribution as well as a numerical summary of the column
contents in relation to the original query.

To check this feature out for yourselves, run any template in FlyMine
<http://www.flymine.org/query/templates.do>, and have a go at exploring
and filtering the results!

Another great new feature is embeddable widgets - you can now use
FlyMine widgets and query results in any HTML page with just a few lines
of JavaScript.

See here for details of all updates and new features:

http://blog.flymine.org/2012/07/31/flymine-34-0/

Cheers,
The FlyMine team

--